Don't Call Me Emo

Ok,so to get to the point. I listen to types of music such as Death Metal and Black Metal, and sometimes people get the impression that because I listen to that kind of music, they label me as 'emo' or 'goth'. First, lets get one thing straight, just because you listen to death metal or black metal, doesnt mean im emo or goth. Funny thing is, the only thing these people know of how to catagorize emos and goths are "someone who wears black clothes, cuts themselves, and listens to weird music". Ok, you fail at life for thinking that, because its completely wrong. If you were to even catagorize me, I would be a 'metalhead. From what I can tell, most emo and goth people dont even listen to death metal or black metal like metalheads do, they tend to listen to bands like BVB, escape the fate, etc. Black metal and death metal are 2 very different music types than those bands. So before you go about calling people emo or goth, do your homework and make sure you actually know what they are and the differences between styles, idiots.

BringMeThePiercedSiren This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
ohmygosh thank you so much for saying this. i am personally so glad someone FINALLY SAID THIS. I'm a 14 year old social girl who likes cheerleading and boarding but i listen to a crazy mix of lana del rey, pierce the veil, blink 182, bring me the horizon, atlas genius, the naked and famous, arsonists get all the girls, lily allen, dubstep, and mgk.

XxMyLove4MusicxX said...
Dec. 14, 2010 at 8:01 am
True. Someone who understands!!

MiaMonster said...
totally agree. i listen to five finger death punch, bullet, escape the fate ect. and wear dark clothing and get labled. but then again people that listen to owl city and nevershoutnever and all that might not all be preps either. :)

Lizzie123 said...

hey!someone in this world is sane!THANK YOU!

ps....lables are for people whos heads are too small to accept that everyone is an individual...even cheerleaders lol