Love Thy Neighbor as Thyself | Teen Ink

Love Thy Neighbor as Thyself

November 4, 2010
By lh506 BRONZE, Plaquemine, Louisiana
lh506 BRONZE, Plaquemine, Louisiana
1 article 0 photos 5 comments

“Everyone one in their lifetime plays many parts, they have their exits and entrances”, as according to William Shakespeare. Everyone in this entire world has they true love.
Love is an awesome and serious matter. Love can sometimes be as serious as a heart attack. Love can ruin someone’s heart, which is an emotional wreck. I once heard my mother say that mental feelings hurt worse than physical feelings. There is love with a man and a woman, love with two women, love with two men, and love with multiple candidates. There are also some married couples in an open relationship, which means both of them sleep around with other people. Most people do not believe in homosexuality, lesbian, or open relationships.
One example that I found though was Sam. Sam said, “All this ant-gay stuff is really creepy. It's indicative of someone who has an enormous investment in keeping their own repressed homosexuality ...well, repressed. I am a Christian, and I don't practice this kind of hate and judgment. It's anti-Christian. It's in direct conflict with the teachings of Jesus Christ. It's really unnatural to be this obsessive about judging other people. It's like mental illness, and spiritual sickness combined. All this judgment of others as if somebody thought the right to judge like they were God.”
That comment that was stated by Sam. He/She whatever Sam is doesn’t believe in it because he/she thinks it’s a sin. Listen to me people; I’m not saying that homosexuality is wrong or right. I know in my religion it’s states that being homo is a sin, but we as people can’t make or stop people for doing what people want to do. It’s not our life to tell people what to do. Let people live their lives, and stop complaining about those that don’t concern those not involved.
We cannot control people or this earth. We just have to let God handle the sins that others have committed. Life is going to have people that others just can’t agree with, and most of it we are clueless about. We should just live our own life, and let other live theirs. Those are my views on homosexuality. One of the most important commandment is to love thy neighbor as thyself. Newsflash!