The Land Of Opportunity

Dear Reader,

There's a lot of concerning matters in this world right now, I am 14 years old and realizing this very quickly. Something that has been brought to my attention and that is think is very important to discuss and discriminate against is the law that might be passed in Arizona. This law has brought back all the racism from 100 years back and even further even though politics for this law say it's not true. This law now instead of being against all the colored people it s against all the illegal immigrants especially the ones that look like they have any Hispanic or Latino heritage. This is not fair at all and especially not just. All these people just come to try and succeed in what they call “the land of opportunity”, they come to learn the ways of the United States culture and add to its greatness! I don't understand why there's so much hatred towards them if color and race doesn't mean anything because on the inside were all the same living organism.

I am of Hispanic heritage, and I think this is an unequal law because I'm in the united states to learn and succeed not to be judged because I'm a shade of brown. I hope that my opinion was expressed through this letter, thank you for reading.

Sincerely:

8th Grade Student

Shelly-T said...
Great job!  This is nice

cameronjay said...
Jul. 2, 2010 at 1:47 am
i completely agree with you. im turning 14 nxt month and im glad to know theres other kids my age who actually care about these kind of things. oh and im half mexican and half black, jfft. lol