women in america | Teen Ink

women in america

May 27, 2010
By simplyjasmine GOLD, Round Rock, Texas
simplyjasmine GOLD, Round Rock, Texas
16 articles 0 photos 5 comments

Favorite Quote:
*To live for life is not enough live because everyday brings new adventure.
*Before you let go of someone remember no one is perfect but everyone has a chance to prove they're worth not losing.


Its crazy how girls have to live up to what the media wants us to be and look like. All girls have to be a size 2, big boobs, big butt, smiliey face girl. It seems thta if your not that your out. Oh and lets just say that if your a dark skinned girl like me you might as wel not be alive. The media tends to show more lighter skinned people. What happened to America, since when do we have to be all dumb and say nthing about the issues at hand? Im sick of going to school and seeing guys degrade girls because they feel that they can. I mean the media makes it seem like calling a girl a b**** or a h** is alright.America haven't we learned that women are more than just cute faces but we have brains, voices, and talents. Is it not horrible to just not care about our talents! Women bring children, women bring love, women bring ideas, we even brin new inventions. Not all women look like Britney Spears, Jessica Alba, Lucy lu, or Gabrielle Union. Most of us our realwomen, with real curves and real feelings and ideas. We are more than bubble gum chewing hair flipping stilletto wearing makeup flonting human beings. America wouldn't be America without us. We our queens and diamonds and should be treated like it. We respect men so why can't we get the same respect in return.


The author's comments:
idk wh i wrote this just was one of the many issues that shouldnt even be an issue in america.