Love is the Movement | Teen Ink

Love is the Movement

By ZebraWithoutStripes ELITE, Blue Springs, Missouri
ZebraWithoutStripes ELITE, Blue Springs, Missouri

To make a difference in the world, you have to be different from the world.

I've noticed that a lot of people peg Christians as gay-haters. So I decided to let you all know that is an ignorant labelling of many people who do not feel that way. For instance, me. I am a Christian and I do not hate gays. God does not hate gays. I think people have misunderstood morality to be bigotry. Yes, I think that homosexuality is wrong. I also think that sex outside of marriage with anyone is wrong. I think lying is wrong. So yes, I hate what they do. I hate it when I lie too. But I (along with many other Christians) do not hate the people themselves. Jesus called all Christians to love everyone. See, God is the God of love. He told us to love and care for everyone. And so to the best of our ability we are trying. I know about the church that has picketed the gays with signs that say trash like "God hates gays." And I would like you to know that it has sorrowed many, many believers that they're names have been stained with the hate of others. We do not see homosexuality to be the one unpardonable sin! It's just as wrong as any other. But they are not discriminated against and hated for it. They are reached out to so that they can see the truth. They are hurting people. Did you know that eighty-five percent of lesbians have been molested by men in the past? Of course they would run from the things that hurt them most. Though that doesn't mean they are right, just in need of help.
So I hope now you can see that not every single Christian hates gays. It's a sad thing to have categorized so many people who do not feel that way at all. Christianity is not about hate. It's about love. Love is our movement. Because it was first the movement of God himself.

on Nov. 3 2011 at 11:29 pm
TechieForLife GOLD, West St. Paul, Minnesota

Live each day like it is the day you will be remembered.

That's why I said MOST. Not ALL. And while I'm terribly sorry that happened to you, sexuality can't just be some factored equation. It's not as simple as that. I agree it may have had some influence on you, but I highly doubt that's the WHOLE reason.

on Oct. 31 2011 at 3:41 pm
sweetness78 SILVER, Broken Arrow, Oklahoma
Excuse me. I'm a lesbian who was molested eight times by three different men in my childhood. I've had PROFESSIONAL help, stating the reason why I've turned to women for love and comfort is because of my subconcious fear of being sexually abused by a man again. Thank you, thank you very much.

on Mar. 1 2011 at 9:56 am

Hmm... This article is... Interesting. Most lesbians aren't molested, and aren't just running away from men. And it is NOT a bloody choice! That must be the number one thing that just ticks me OFF!

Bethani GOLD said...
on Jul. 5 2010 at 12:26 am
Bethani GOLD, Highlands Ranch, Colorado

Life is perfect until you sit back and realize how boring it is without risks.

I'm the same way :)

Bethani GOLD said...
on Jul. 5 2010 at 12:26 am
Bethani GOLD, Highlands Ranch, Colorado

I agree! I'm Christian and feel the same way. :) 

Bethani GOLD said...
on Jul. 5 2010 at 12:25 am
Bethani GOLD, Highlands Ranch, Colorado

I'm Christian and I don't hate gays or bi's or lesbo's either. They deserve the freedom to choose and have a good life! :) I agree with this article!