Love is the Movement | Teen Ink

Love is the Movement

May 6, 2010
By ZebraWithoutStripes ELITE, Blue Springs, Missouri
ZebraWithoutStripes ELITE, Blue Springs, Missouri
102 articles 8 photos 84 comments

Favorite Quote:
To make a difference in the world, you have to be different from the world.


I've noticed that a lot of people peg Christians as gay-haters. So I decided to let you all know that is an ignorant labelling of many people who do not feel that way. For instance, me. I am a Christian and I do not hate gays. God does not hate gays. I think people have misunderstood morality to be bigotry. Yes, I think that homosexuality is wrong. I also think that sex outside of marriage with anyone is wrong. I think lying is wrong. So yes, I hate what they do. I hate it when I lie too. But I (along with many other Christians) do not hate the people themselves. Jesus called all Christians to love everyone. See, God is the God of love. He told us to love and care for everyone. And so to the best of our ability we are trying. I know about the church that has picketed the gays with signs that say trash like "God hates gays." And I would like you to know that it has sorrowed many, many believers that they're names have been stained with the hate of others. We do not see homosexuality to be the one unpardonable sin! It's just as wrong as any other. But they are not discriminated against and hated for it. They are reached out to so that they can see the truth. They are hurting people. Did you know that eighty-five percent of lesbians have been molested by men in the past? Of course they would run from the things that hurt them most. Though that doesn't mean they are right, just in need of help.
So I hope now you can see that not every single Christian hates gays. It's a sad thing to have categorized so many people who do not feel that way at all. Christianity is not about hate. It's about love. Love is our movement. Because it was first the movement of God himself.