Hispanics Matter | Teen Ink

Hispanics Matter

By Gleek2beat BRONZE, Houston, Texas
Gleek2beat BRONZE, Houston, Texas

Do What You Like .Like What You Do :)

The Things i've done are just things that i do. :D

A day without Hispanics is like a day withut the sun. Hispanics do just about anything you can think of to bring home the bacon. They are gardeners, chefs, farmers, clean waste, nannies, garbagemen, plummers, carpeters, maids, taxi drivers, janitors and market vendors.Who else would do these unwanted jobs

In Texas alone 50% of the population is hispanic. If all those people that have those unwanted jobs slowly are forced to emigrate back to their country chaos will strike on us. For example the Arizona law is absurd. The police must pullover anyone who looks hispanic just to make sure they are a citizen. Do they not understand their economy and cultural diversity will go down if they do this?

No one should be treated this way. Everyone has their problems it's not their fault for bringing drugs and alcohol, they are not always violent or in gangs,spraying graffiti. People are not born this way, they choose what they want to be.

We shouldn't treat hispanics this way. They build our economy, are a good friend, teacher, doctor or a friendly neighbor. We need a cutural diversity, we need to accept them for who they are.

Immigrants are what make up America, thanks to their help, inventions and contributions. They make us prosper. If we emigrate them we won't have advanced technology, medicine, theories and fresh ideas. They also give us comfort and lend a helpful hand when others are in need. They are people we should respect them and so much more.

I myself was born in the United States. My parents became citizens but came to the US with a work visa.

IamtheshyStargirl PLATINUM, Lothlorien, Utah

Boredom instigates extreme creativity.
~Amoniel

"Bowing gratefully to all of my subjects, 'thank you. Thank you. The pleasure is mine." Nah, I'm just kidding. We're all kings together.'"
~Thesilentraven

We shouldn't treat anyone this way, and the Arizona law is exactly like what the nazis did, in the leadup to their totalitarian regime, at least. It's scary.

princess6 GOLD said...
princess6 GOLD, Berwyn, Illinois

"You choose your own destiny" :)

I'm Mexican to so i know how it feels people shouldn't judge a whole group of people by a few rotten apples

Bethani GOLD said...
on Jul. 5 2010 at 12:31 am
Bethani GOLD, Highlands Ranch, Colorado

Life is perfect until you sit back and realize how boring it is without risks.

Utah is made up of many hispanic people. We're a diverse country. 

theTraveler said...
on May. 9 2010 at 11:45 am
theTraveler, Marrero, Louisiana

I am a terrorist, do what I say or i'll terrorize you." (Bobby Pendragon)

"I hope you put sunblock on that bald head of yours. You're gonna fry."
"Do you really care?"
"Nope."

-- Saint Dane and Pendragon, The Pilgrims of Rayne

I do not like the immagration law at all. I have a friend from Venezula and shes really nice... she's hispanic.