Whos to say it is'nt Love?

I have been shocked my first year of high school at a Catholic school, I take religion every day and learned things I have not been proud to believe in. It has come to my attention that gay marriage is at the top the list for important causes. Some Catholics/Christians are fighting strongly to make gay marriage illegal, as if it’s the most important issue in the world right now.

I believe gays should be able to marry but that’s not even the issue, I don’t understand why people think the most important thing they can do with their lives is tell other people what they can do just because the bible told them to.

I have absolutely nothing against the bible but the discrimination I have seen from it is very upsetting to me.

Bethani said...
Jul. 5, 2010 at 12:49 am
God gives us the power to choose our paths in life 

pinkjello1994 replied...
the church also teaches that god has chosen your path, that everything you do has been determined already.

sad_toaster_made_of_glass said...
I don't agree with Catholics on many things. But I do agree on the gays having the 'right' to marry. It would be infringing on the Christians in the fact that the preachers would have to marry them, when they are against it! I have to agree it is not the most important issue right now, and there are so many other things we could be worrying about. Still I think that it's wrong. I don't hate gays, dont get me wrong! I just don't agree with their actions and beliefs.

sad_toaster_made_of_glass said...
I agree that being gay is not the most important isuue now. I don't agree with the Catholic ways either. I don't think that it should be legal. It would be infringing against the rights of Christians. Because then preachers would have to marry them. I know ALOT of preachers who would not do that! I don't hate gays, don't get me wrong! I just don't agree with their actions and beliefs.

BellaThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
i agree with you, people should marry whoever, and people shouldn't control others.

Allie97 said...
I am Catholic and I think that gay marrige is completely up to the people getting married...I think that it is fine...