Colorless | Teen Ink

Colorless

February 28, 2010
By Smartygirl625 PLATINUM, El Paso, Texas
Smartygirl625 PLATINUM, El Paso, Texas
20 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
Love, for a guy, is just a chapter... but for a girl, its the whole book.


Okay. Close your eyes. Clear your mind. Have nothing in sight. Now picture a boy, average in size, not too exceptional. He has two eyes, two ears, one nose and one mouth. Now what color is he? Can you tell? He is colorless, not white, black, or brown, but colorless. He is a smart boy, who helps his community and everyone around him with his free time. He sees the colors of the world, black, blue, white, yellow, red and gray, yet those colors are only colors, which sometimes he doesn’t see.

Now close your eyes again. Clear your mind; leave it blank, with nothing in sight. Picture a girl, average in size, nothing exceptional. She has two eyes, two ears, one nose, and one mouth. Now what color is she? Can you tell? She is colorless, not white, black, or brown, but colorless. She is smart, funny, yet sees the world differently than the rest of us. She is colorblind, not seeing colors, so everything is colorless.

Look to your right. Is there someone there? If there is, look at their features. How are you different? Are your skins different colors? How about your eyes? Your hair? How about your smile? Your lips, your lies? How different are you? Better yet, imagine the boy right next to you. He is white, with light hair and green eyes. His nose is slightly big; his eyes are close together. He has freckles yet his mouth is curved in a happy grin. His eyes are bright with happiness for being alive. Compare yourself to him. Go ahead. Got it? Now picture the girl on your left. She is tall, with long, dark brown hair, and brown skin. Her eyes are black as night, with a depth that you can find yourself lost in and a mystery that is left unsolved. She wears glasses, though that does not help her see the blue color of the sky or the red of the sunset or the true color of your skin. Compare yourself to her. Go ahead. Got it? How are you different from the boy? How are you different from the girl? There are many differences in all of you. The color of your skin, your gender, your hair, your features. They are all different. Everyone is different.

The point of the story is this: everyone is different, no matter what. Whether it is the color of our skins, our personalities, or our looks, we’re going to be different. But those differences are the same for everyone, even if you have the same skin color. Despite the fact that some think, that just because they are a certain color, they are better than others, the fact is that everyone is different. One white person is different from another white person. One black person is different from another black person. One brown person is different from another brown person. The same way a white person is different from a black or brown person, or a black person is different than a brown or white person, or a brown is different that a white, black, or even yellow person. It doesn’t matter what color our skin is. There is one huge similarity that should bring us together and stop the hatred that fills some hearts. We are all human. And so we should be like that girl and not see the color of other’s skins. The world should be colorless. Not black, white, or gray, but colorless.