Thank you, Martin | Teen Ink

Thank you, Martin

January 15, 2010
By SuPeRfLyy! BRONZE, Moore, Oklahoma
SuPeRfLyy! BRONZE, Moore, Oklahoma
4 articles 0 photos 14 comments

Favorite Quote:
I mean worse than usual
:)
-ME


Dear Dr. King,
I know this is kind of weird writing to you because, well, you're dead. I think it's important that I say this, though. It's almost January 18th, 2010 and I know some people would use this time to take the day off. Well, I want to make it a day on. You once said that everybody can serve, and I know everybody CAN serve.
Honestly, I think you are one of the greatest men to ever walk the Earth because you were a believer. When other people wanted to blow up churches filled with children, you wanted to preach. When they wanted to use violence to solve their problems, you let them know peacefully that violence is not the answer. You believed everyone could be integrated because everyone was equal. You believed that one day, we could, hand in hand, bury the hatchet together. You believed there would be peace on Earth someday. You believed in change, and it was time for change.
I know that if you were still here, you would be fighting for love. But I also know that you would marvel in how far we've come. You'd see how big of an impact you have made on our country. You have helped united our states. We are one nation, and though we've come a long way, we still have more ground to cover. I want to thank you for helping us, and to make people realize that we should all be judged on the content of our character. I love you, Martin.
Thanks.


The author's comments:
I write this in memory of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
And again, I want to thank him for all he did.