Blondes | Teen Ink

Blondes MAG

By Anonymous

Ever since I can remember I havebeen made fun of for being a blonde. If I did something wrong or haddifficulty understanding I would hear, "It's okay, she's ablonde" or "She's blond - what did you expect?" I knowthat most of the time it is just teasing, but let's face it; it gets oldfast. That someone's intelligence can be based solely on hair color isridiculous. I'm not saying all blondes are rocket scientists - there are"dumb blondes" - but there are also "dumbbrunnettes" and "dumb redheads." If I remember correctly,this is caused not by hair color but genes.

With so manyparticipating in this stereotype, it is astounding that the most popularhair color is blond. Almost everyone I know has done something, at onetime or another, to match this color. Flipping through television showsyou spot numerous people with highlights or blatantly dyed blond hair.If you really think blondes are so dumb, why do you want to beone?

I shall leave you with this thought: the most sought-afterwomen, from actresses to super models, are blond. So, if you feel thatbelittling me because of the color of my hair will get a few laughs, goahead, I'm proud to be blond and I'm not the only one.