The Blonde A+ student This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.

I am a 5' 2" blonde flute player. Every single day, I get picked on by my fellow classmates, or worse yet, have them thinking that I'm some helpless little girl with big blue doe eyes who can;t figure out how to do basic Algebra. Now, Algebra may be a mystery to me, but I am very smart. I have an A+ average. So why is it that whenever people meet me, they think that I'm stupid because of my blonde hair and because I seem pretty carefree and amiable? Even worse, when people at the mall eye me warily, just because I'm a teenager, or maybe its the rebellious red streak in my hair, or the leather jacket draped around my shoulders. They judge me before they know me. Even my English teacher does that, and English is by far my best subject. People think that just because I'm fairly pretty and very blonde, I must be stupid. Clearly I'm not. My point is, judge not lest ye be judged. It seems that teenagers and well just people in general, judge everyone who isn't a male with brown hair and brown eyes and medium-toned skin who is medium height and just so-so at everything. Yet people would still make fun of him because he's so boring. People alsoi try to make you fit a sterotype. Like, I'm blonde, so I must be a boy-crazy cheerleader? Well, instead I'm a bisexual writer. You can never judge someone until you have walked two moons inside someone else's moccasins, my Cherokee grandfather would say. So, if you have been judged unfairly before (and I am almost sure everyone has) don't judge! Especially for gender stuff, because I will play you in a game of football and kick your butt.