Differince between you and me

Gothic, Punk, Vampire, Sadist, Anarchist.
These are all words that we hear everyday. People that are most harshly discriminated against. But these are beautiful people. I am a "goth". I have straight A's in school, I go to church at least 3 times a week. I have a wonderful engagement. And I have no deep seeded hate for anyone. This is me just tyring to tell you that the next time yo;u see one of these beautiful creatures that you are so very afraid of, before you say anything, just remember we are poeple just like you. We are here waiting with open arms ready to love and be loved.

bandgeek2011 said...
Thank you so much for writing this, it reminds me that not all people are bad. People always judge me on my looks, and its hard not to give up faith in humanity when people scoff at you. I love this piece:)

krd505 said...
People shouldn't be judged because of their style. The style a person has doesn't explain how they are in the inside. Some people have their own taste it may not be what others like, but it's not up to others. Everyone should be thereselve, and don't worry what others think.

dc123 said...
May 11, 2010 at 9:56 am:
I wish i could of have that view in school because i was a geek in school and i hated every one but i should of love every one not hate them

Destiny said...
Mar. 23, 2010 at 7:56 pm:
I have to say thanks this means a lot for even if they still wont understand

chocolate_lover123 said...
Mar. 5, 2010 at 6:00 pm:
this is great, a whole new prespective
..um is difference spelled wrong? or is it just me?

deathonapedestal101 said...
Mar. 3, 2010 at 8:48 pm:
i know what you mean, people always call be gothic emo chick just because i weat black, clothes dont make up someones personality and the sooner you figure that out the better off you'll be. peoplle are discriminated against for anyything, their music, clothes, hair, grades, wanting to be alone, its not fair, people like you should write more about this kind of thing and get back the peoples rghts to be theirselves. being different is a good thing, always has been :)

.xCutMyLifeIntoPiecesx. said...
Feb. 21, 2010 at 1:29 pm:
THANK YOU!!! Finally someone can put it out there that we are all human beings and it all hurts just the same, whether I know you or not, your words are all the same mess and hardship I must face. Thank you for being able to write this so beautifully yet simply in a way people can understand. I think you would like the song Hero (Red Pill Mix) by Superchic[k]. :)

roseann This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Feb. 19, 2010 at 6:59 am:
wish some of the "perfect" people could read this piece. at school im the freak/loner cuz of my taste in music and clothes. you write expressively and beautifully.

rebeldiamond1313kd said...
Feb. 12, 2010 at 5:05 pm:
amen.
I'm not goth, but I used to be emo. And I know that feeling. The stares black lipstick gets and the laughs fingerless gloves gets. I know.

ShernayB. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
That's a wonderful insight. Many people place stereotypes upon Gothic people. But this is great to know. Keep writing!