So Tired of Looking for Acceptence

Monday, August 31, 2009
Have you ever felt sick of trying, sick of failure? It seems like no matter how many variables you plug into your equation, you get the same results. No matter how much you try to change, the world looks at you the same as it always did.
Put a pair of heels, a new dress, and some make-up on a geek, people will be attracted to the flashy new toy, but soon will remember how much they dislike you. You bite your tongue, hold back your sarcasm and intellect, and even try out some small talk, but it is all for naught. Your hopes are raised cruelly for a millisecond, then its all down in flames.
I'm so tired of being laughed at, rude comments, and mean people. High School isn't just an educational system in regards to facts and books, high school teaches you what to expect from the world. People encourage you to be an individual, but the moment you spread your wings, the moment you swim against the tide, someone comes up to clip your wings and tie you to an anchor.
I'm so exhausted from this stupid battle for myself, tired of hypocrites, judgements, and people talking from both sides of their mouths. But what can I do about it? I'm a part of the problem, just as cruel and judgemental as the rest of humanity. No matter how hard I try, I can't figure out how to be the solution.

JoPepper said...
look if others can't like what they see don't try to make them. you are a really talented writer:D

ImagineBelieveHope said...
Mar. 27, 2011 at 9:59 am
I just started reading your work, and just from reading one, I had to go through the rest. You are an AMAZING writer, Emily. Don't take the hate from other students....you have the ability to express your thoughts in words, which they can't do...good job :)

hrf1434This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...

Like you my school is out of contol I hate it I'm known as weird, fat, ugly, you name it and I know I'm just as judgement so why we just get along 

Some times I think we would all get along if we couldn't speak

Luminosity This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...

Aww, don't worry, it will work out. *hugs*

No, actually.  But if you're lucky you'll get into a college that's for smart people, where it's not such an oddity, which should help, no? At least the cruel judgment will be directed at people other than you. *sighs* I feel so misanthropic at times. It'll get better though. :)

kennedy_rowzz said...
I totaly understand what your saying you did a great job on this piece
<3

emopoet13 said...
well thats exactly it. all you need is just one person to call friend and you can express yourself to, you'll be fine. Just ignore all those other people C:

emopoet13 said...
Oct. 21, 2009 at 8:47 am
In my honest to god opinion, people that make fun of you are just people that are putting you down to maek themselves feel better because they think bad of themself. They also want attention, and if everyone makes fun of you, they're just trying to fit in. And if they make fun of you and show that it's effecting you, they wont stop. If you flip out over it, that's what they want you to do. If you keep calm about it, it will eventually stop. Trust me. It'll work C:

smalltownwrite210 replied...
Ive always had the same problem. Because peole always think of you in a billion different ways when theyre usually wrong. But if you find some friends (even if its just one person) whos really cool and you can express yourself then youll be ok. It suprised me, but there actually are some really reallly cool people out there! u just need to find them.

Emmalee This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Oct. 1, 2009 at 11:00 am
There is no solution. I'm sorry to be the bear of bad news. =/ We live, regardless.

Priscilla K. said...
awww i like this one

at004 said...
this was really good and so true

Kathy L. said...
i totally get it. like i try to fit in everywhere.
but why should others be judged on their weight or their hair or their looks. its so duumb....

Kurach class1 said...
I somewhat know what you feel like, I once too didn't feel like I fit in. I moved to another state and the first day I pretty much sat at a table by myself. Then I started being like everyone else and I had some friends, but the thing was they didn't like me for who I was, so it took a while since I became myself. But sooner or later I had real friends who liked me for who I was.

S.K. said...
Sept. 28, 2009 at 9:18 am
Act yourself and eventually you will find people who accept you for who you are.

writer24/7/365 replied...
i take it you're popular. because that just doesn't happen. a select few accept you.

EmilytheAuthor This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Reply to write24/7/365
i'm actually not popular, merely a yankee geek dealing wit a small southeren school. -Emily the Author

Ambrosia H. said...
Sept. 28, 2009 at 12:02 am
I've been judged since 1rst grade, from the way I acted at first and eventually from the way I dressed as well. I have been very lucky to have parents who have sent me to charter schools my entire lif, only once do I recall going to a "normal" one and it sucked. I even went to a charter high school, and it was not my fav but was better than others. You might want to try these out yourself, they aren't special ed or anything and they aren't all private schools. You should... (more »)

ambernicole16 said...
Sept. 26, 2009 at 11:08 am
hi, im amber.
and i wanted to post a comment on ur articale, saying that it doesn't matter what others think of u! trust me! ive been through the same thing! and im stil going through it. im only 16. so yeah. but i did the wrong thing and ran away from it all and became homeschooled. i thought that becomin homeschooled would make me feel better. but it didn't. i became lonely. i think you should just be ur self. dress the way u wanna dress. and act the way u act. not the way u W... (more »)

Razzmatazz replied...
Sept. 27, 2009 at 9:11 am
I KNOW WHAT YOU MEAN! life is just one big failure after another. There is really no way to deal with this by ourselves. I know this sounds cliche, but God is the way I survive high school.  Jesus , is literally the best friend you will ever have. Forget the crazy religous hypocrits. God wants to help you through all of that, He's daily helping me!

MellieM replied...

this is really good, though "acceptence" is spelled with an  "Ance" at the end, not e.

loved it!!! write even more!!! :)