Some 'Freedom'

You know it's sad nowadays . . . sure we're out and open about gay and lesbian people, but what's worse is that only 2 states in all America allow gay marriage, and negative people are everywhere. I believe in a free world where everyone should express themselves for who they are, without gay bashers or religious folks attacking them whenever they can. Can't we all just get along? You see, the reason I write this essay is because I have a lot of gay and lesbian and bisexual friends, and they’re all good people and I love them for who they are. Now I’m not trying to say that even straight people are the bad guys, because many, many, many of them don’t mind or really don’t care, but it’s the people who downright hate them for being themselves.

I just believe we should all mind our own business, and love our fellow man even though he or she is gay, or a different race, or a different religion . . . This essay is for my gay, lesbian and bi friends who are all harassed at school, and it is also my way of putting my voice out there in the world for gay rights.

We are Americans for crying out loud, the land of the free, so why can’t it be free for everyone? Thanks for reading this, and I hope all my friends read this and decide to stand up for their rights too.

DaniGirl said...
I totally agree with this artile. I am straight and catholic but I also believe that being gay is not something you can or should change. I believe that God liove everybody regardless of sexuality, race or religion. People who make fun are gays or lesbians are just as guilty as those who mock other religions, races, people with disabilities etc. Stop the hate!

emopoet13 said...
And yet, WE'RE NOT! See? Government has bigger issues, and "Woohoo lets ban the gays!" Sad..very very sad.

emopoet13 said...
Oct. 21, 2009 at 8:40 am
I totally agree with this article. Honestly, I dont care about gay marriage. I'm not for it, and I'm not against it. The country isn't free if we cant do what we want or what we think is right. People need to just let gays be gays and end it at that. If a lot of people don't care, then why do more people think it's the worst thing that's ever happened when people are actually DYING in Iraq? People need to think about the more important issues, ya know?

MattS replied...
I so agree with that! War, people on the streets, and people not going to jail for raping or murdering is nothing compared to gays?? I think it's stupid and we should be more organized than this.

Ambrosia H. said...
Sept. 28, 2009 at 12:54 am
Totally. Who cares? I always try to smile at someone who is openly gay or lesbian or bi. Small thing or not, it's better than nothing.

writer24/7/365 said...
yh this is good!

jmc.13 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I agree with this completley. Gay and lesbians and all 'outsiders' for that matter should be given equal rights and privelages, regardless of sexual orientation or anything like it. I mean, what's next? Republicans can't use public toilets?

MattS replied...
Hey thanks for the comment, and yeah, what's next?