Illegal Immigration | Teen Ink

Illegal Immigration

By Alicia Robles BRONZE, Aurora, Colorado
Alicia Robles BRONZE, Aurora, Colorado

“The wife of one of the arrested employees tried to gain sympathy by showing on Fox News a picture of their child. I don’t have a lot of sympathy for undocumented people who break the law, the cry that they have families when they know exactly what they were doing and the potential consequences.”
This is the opinion and thought of an American Citizen.
Well maybe they have broken the law and knew what the consequences were coming to the United States. But you know what they have come here to achieve the American Dream, some of this person bring their children along to achieve what they never achieve on there countries. Some of this people come from Mexico, El Salvador, Guatemala, Colombia, and other Central and South American Countries.
Some people are just satisfied by just achieving a small slice of the American dream because even this is usually better then what they could achieve at home. Some people simply want an honest day’s work and honest day’s pay some just want to provide for their children and create the means for their live to be better. Some American and Citizens people say that Mexicans come to U.S.A to take there job, but have you ever think this Mexican people get from $4.00-$7.00 or even less pay for an hour. Their pay may be so low they can’t afford to cover even the most necessities. However, the come her to progress in there life.
So can you pleas take a moment and think is coming here for opportunities and chances for better life and wanting this is breaking the law or been a criminal?

dreamingreina, Cumberland, Rhode Island

You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty. – Gandhi

um i agree with you opinion coming from an immigrant family myself, but i felt it was too short, more evidence and stronger evidence could have been placed in. i was not entirely convinced by the end of the piece, you have a great start, but i think it needs a bit of work.