Overwhelmed

Don't think. DON'T THINK.

Think only of your world, your life, or better yet, don't think at all.
Don't think of children crying out in hunger, their stomachs' swelling with malnourishment, while we devour everything the world has to offer. Don't think about the people who came before us and who sacrificed their lives so we could be free to make a difference. Free to do what? Become vegetables, looking only to be entertained? Don't think of poverty, of war, of death. If it can't touch us, it can't be there, right? Don't think of millions dead and dying at their brothers' hands. Don't think. We are the forever nation, forever young, forever ignorant. All we have to think about is what to wear, what to gorge ourselves with, what to have, and what to take. So, let us go ahead and watch that T.V show. Let us shut our eyes at the scary parts. If the scariest things we've ever seen are fiction, who cares?

My little sister is four years old. I watch her grow up. Sadly, the days of innocence are at an end, and soon, she too will become so overwhelmed by the world, that she will have to make a choice. To be in the dark, "Safe", ignoring the worlds' plights, ignoring the fact that her race, the human race, is not as "perfect" as it seems. Or she can take the road less traveled and try, even if she does not succeed, to make the slightest imprint.

It is our choice. Take it easy, or, just maybe, make a difference. To think, or not to think? That is the real question.

Tears2Roses said...
Wow that was amazing!!! (Looked at your file we like most of the same bands!!! Superchick ROCKS!!! if you like them look up SKILLET!)