Kickers This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

Has “kicking” ever happened to your Teen Ink article? Imagine it – you write an amazing story that you are so proud of and it gets posted on Teen Ink's site. Many read it, but there is just one comment! You click on the link because you are so excited to see what other authors thought about your story. You scroll down and this is what you see: “OMG ur story is so good. By the way – could you please read my story and give me feedback?”

It hurts, doesn't it, that that's the only comment on your story? Kicking is becoming an increasingly popular way of getting readers, but it needs to stop. Everyone here is working to get published in the magazine and to get themselves known as authors, but kicking isn't the way to get it!

pig,mahlion said...
May 16, 2010 at 10:18 pm:
AGREED.  People do that on every writing site I've been on, and it REALLY annoys me!

xwordlyxwondersx said...
Though I haven't published anything on this site yet, I've published work on others. And, I completely agree with you.

No one deserves to have their story commented (never mind a LOUSY comment) just for the purpose of furthering their own "fame". Kickers should get it into their heads that it's not only hurting the author, but hurting them themselves. By kicking, they're showing people that they're desperate and self-conscious about their own work.

Than... (more »)

writer-in-pearls replied...
Feb. 25, 2010 at 11:29 pm :
I disagree, if I read a piece that I find is well written, I am interested to get advice from the author, and am happy to give advice to other writers as well.