The Weight We Carried | Teen Ink

The Weight We Carried

By Grecia.Felix16 BRONZE, Phoenix, Arizona
Grecia.Felix16 BRONZE, Phoenix, Arizona

The article “The Things We Carried” by Hyunju J. is relatable to kids despite what grade they are in. As a child who came to the United States at the age of 3 I want nothing but to make my parents proud of my academic career and what I was able to achieve due to their sacrifice of leaving their own country for the benefit of their kids. While trying to prove to my parents that they did come here to give me a better life I tend to obsess about my grades,test,assignments, and anything that could remoptaley affect my grade that I have tried so hard to keep an A. It comes to the point where my health does not matter. I stay up until 4 in the morning after beginning to study a 6 in the afternoon. I go to sleep at the same time my father is waking up to go to work and pretend to be asleep so he does not worry that I have no slept all night studying for an exam I know I am prepared for. This article puts into perfect example how stressful it is for students because society has engraved into your head that we need to be successful at school in order to be be happy and successful in life.