Review of "State Champs" | Teen Ink

Review of "State Champs"

March 29, 2018
By flyry BRONZE, Defiance, Ohio
flyry BRONZE, Defiance, Ohio
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

The writing titled “State Champs,” written by Andrew S., talks about winning the state championship in football.  His writing left me feeling determined to work hard in the off-season.  I really enjoyed reading this article.  Every year my family and I go down to state basketball and football championships, just to watch.  It’s a very fun experience, and I get to see in person the emotions of the players when the final horn sounds.  I can’t relate to playing for a state title, but I understand what it means to the players participating.  My grandfather always talks about winning the state basketball championship in 1961.  My father came up short in the 1986 state football championships, losing by just 1 point.  Andrew’s brother says, “Working hard pays off in the long run, doesn’t it?”  This quote motivates me to push myself to achieve great things.  Andrew writes, “My brother and I are both state champs and are ready for anything that comes are way.”   This is so true because coaches nowadays teach more life lessons through sports than they do the actual sport they’re coaching.