Review of "My Scared Space" | Teen Ink

Review of "My Scared Space"

March 28, 2018
By Katmill BRONZE, Defiance, Ohio
Katmill BRONZE, Defiance, Ohio
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

The writing titles “My Sacred Space,” written by Philip L., talks about animal habitats and the importance of animals in general. This selection left me confused. I agree with the author on the point that animals are important, and they deserve a safe place. However, I think that the author’s main purpose is lost and scattered everywhere. I couldn’t tell if she wanted to encourage us to save animal habitats or tell is how much she likes animals. The author also uses a lot of taboo words making the selection hard to follow at times. He says, “The barks that I hear through my neighborhood every day make me believe that they truly do have magic ways. My favorite animal- tied with cats, of course-is a pangdin.” This show that he jumps from one topic to another without transitions or really explaining what that has to do with his point. He also is very biased at times. He says, “Animals are very important to me“ which is fine, but if his purpose is to persuade, it’s hard to make a solid case with mostly opinions.