Review of “I Can’t Keep Prioritizing You" | Teen Ink

Review of “I Can’t Keep Prioritizing You"

March 28, 2018
By Felicityeichler BRONZE, Defiance, Ohio
Felicityeichler BRONZE, Defiance, Ohio
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

The writing titled “I Can’t Keep Prioritizing You,” written by “Erin” Wellesley, talks about how the author takes care of a friend for a long time and doesn’t want to do it anymore. Her writing left me feeling confused at first, but then I was shocked at the end. When reading this article I was confused at first because she said, “I regret getting to know you.” The way the author talked before that made it seem like they were friends. Towards the end of the article, I started to understand more about what the story was about. I enjoyed reading this article because you don’t really know what is going to happen. I think that it is well written, and it has details that lead up to the main point of the story. The author uses a lot of imagery throughout the article from the beginning to the end. In the beginning the author said, “The scrape of the blue chair as you pulled it out, the clatter of the pencil as you dropped it on the desk the thump of your heavy binders as they were dropped unceremoniously onto the desk” is a good example of imagery that is in the article.