"girls [you] wish [you] never met" review | Teen Ink

"girls [you] wish [you] never met" review

By gabriellegossard BRONZE, Defiance, Ohio
gabriellegossard BRONZE, Defiance, Ohio

The writing titled “girls [you] wish [you] never met” written by Clem T., talks about an unnamed girl going missing after a relationship was built. Turner’s writing left me feeling uneasy and wondering. This article made me feel uneasy because it was never revealed what happened to the girl after she went missing. Did she die? Was she finally found? It ends with “she looked plastic in her photographs” and “you had a space in your closet for her shoes” which fails to elaborate on what exactly happened to the girl after her disappearance. However, by the melancholy tone toward the end of the article somewhat indicates that she was either found dead or never found at all. The relationship between the girl and the person the narrator was speaking to is never explicitly stated which causes me to wonder what exactly they were. Boyfriend and girlfriend? Spouses? The wondering is what keeps drawing me back to the article, searching for answers that it doesn’t supply, which isn’t necessarily a bad thing. It allows the readers’ imaginations to roam and make their own ending to the story.