Review of Bronx Zoo Teen Summer Camp, NY | Teen Ink

Review of Bronx Zoo Teen Summer Camp, NY

By Kprox01 BRONZE, Defiance , Ohio
Kprox01 BRONZE, Defiance , Ohio

My response to “Bronx Zoo Teen Summer Camp, NY,” written by Samantha S., talks about her experience of working at the zoo. Her writing left me feel intrigued and joyful. Samantha’s experience leaves me curious about the zoo. She said, “We assisted zoo keepers with daily care of the animals,” which makes me ponder what it was like to be up close and personal with some of the animals. Samantha was able to learn about some of the most beautiful creatures, which really makes me jealous. She was able to help collect data for animal analysis to try and help scientist figure out a way to end extinction. There are many different reasons why animals are killed and although the zoo seems like it just captures animals and uses them for show, scientist are actually using zoo animals for research. They collect the data and use it to somehow try to end extinction of certain animals. When Samantha said, “[T]he geography, climate, ecology, and habits of the local people about a specific animal and the threats it’s facing,” really made me think that although people hunt some animals for food, they end up killing the entire population. From Samantha’s writing she try to inform people that the zoo is really used for educating the public. Samantha’s writing really made me wonder what the animal world will come to.

I really love animals and this article was very interesting.