Adirondack Adventures | Teen Ink

Adirondack Adventures

April 6, 2009
By Sterling Meacham BRONZE, Oak Bluffs, Massachusetts
Sterling Meacham BRONZE, Oak Bluffs, Massachusetts
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

I also go to the Adirondacks, but this is with a small group from Camp Dudley. Camp Dudley is a boy’s camp in Vermont and is about a twelve-minute drive from the Adirondacks. The first time I went to the Adirondacks, I had a great time, telling stories, standing in waterfalls, jumping into the morning lake to wake up, hiking mountains in the midmorning, rock climbing in the afternoon, canoeing till the day is over, it was not scary at all (unlike yours). We don’t even have a door for our cabins we just have a big shed with a giant opening (for us to get into) that never closes. Yet for some reason, instead of picking our open shed and giant mass of people, the bat picked a harder place to get into. We, of course, have bears that we hide our belongings from, suspended from a tree to high for a bear to reach. We also have bugs that creep around daily in our cabin, but for some reason, we never had anything like that petrifying experience of yours. I consider myself lucky never to have that happen to me, but it would never be a true outdoor adventure, without some view of the wildlife that surrounds us (besides fish). I would like to catch a glimpse of the wildlife, but never have the same terrified feeling as you while I do it. The Adirondacks is such a nice place and has a great cast of things to see and do, please don’t let that one experience prevent you of having the time of your life.