Fans Want Football, Not Protests | Teen Ink

Fans Want Football, Not Protests

By kmansfield SILVER, Holgate, Ohio
kmansfield SILVER, Holgate, Ohio

The writing titled “Fans Want Football, Not Protests,” written by Jaden K., talks about how players in the NFL are being disrespectful by kneeling during the “National Anthem.” His writing left me feeling very opinionated and angry. This article really got me thinking about how disrespectful America has become to our flag and “National Anthem.” We have lost many great men and women, who have given the ultimate sacrifice to keep our freedom, and this is the way we honor and respect them. It states that in the article “Fans Want Football, Not Protests,” “If a player wants the privilege of making millions of dollars in the NFL, or other leagues, he or she should not be able to disrespect our Great American Flag (or Country) and should stand for the National Anthem.” I think they should be fired because there is no place for them, and they’re not doing their job or following the rules. He also said, “The NFL has millions of viewers per week and according to a recent internal memo from the NFL, the number has dropped.” I feel that people want to watch the true sport of football instead of protesting about police brutality.