I Am Enough review | Teen Ink

I Am Enough review

By LunarEclipse13 GOLD, Defiance, Ohio
LunarEclipse13 GOLD, Defiance, Ohio

I am a victim but I choose to be my favorite weapon lies behind my teeth

The writing titled “I am enough,” written by Kay L., talks about being good enough. The writing left me feeling as though my opinion matters and that I am good enough even if people say and think otherwise. This poem is fantastic at showing how social standards affect us. How we must be “good enough” to make it in this wild world we live in. The courage seen in “can be the only one on stage and my knees will not knock.” I truly feel this statement sums up a lot of people who are put down for being themselves and being something society looks down upon because of the latest technology and all of the things deemed right, normal, and the most popular things that are influencing everyone.Though this statement can also mean I can stand alone and not falter even when I am put down. She writes, “I bite my lip to hold back my voice because, even though I am quiet I am not silent.” I feel this means I hold myself back even when I can outshine you. I will not stoop to your level for I am not and never will be as low as you.