My Battle with Mental Illness | Teen Ink

My Battle with Mental Illness

By amccoy.2021 BRONZE, Defiance , Ohio
amccoy.2021 BRONZE, Defiance , Ohio

The writing titled “My Battle with Mental Illness,” written by Erin, talks about depression. The article made me feel questioned and sad. The article “My Battle with Mental Illness” that talks about depression and suicide spoke to me. The article really made me question what happened to the girl. What did her sister’s brother in-law do to her? Did he rape, touch, or maybe make her do things she didn’t want? She didn’t want to tear her family apart over something she had no control over and should have told every chance she got. She talked about the feeling of trying to kill herself and damage her body more and more each time tearing herself apart each and every time she did it. She writes, “Afterwards, I was sent to Banner Behavioral Health Hospital to finally get treatment I needed.” She knew she needed the help she got. She writes, “I sat alone on the living room couch swallowing one pill after the other.” What she chooses to do can be helped. Suicide is never the answer. You can always talk to someone.