What Not to Wear | Teen Ink

What Not to Wear

By K_Wellman SILVER, Defiance, Ohio
K_Wellman SILVER, Defiance, Ohio

The writing titled “What Not to Wear,” written by Morgan C., talks about her embarrassing dress code mishap at her old school. Her writing left me feeling able to relate completely. I was totally able to relate to this article because I feel the same way about the dress code at my school. I think girls should be able to wear what they want, of course within reason. Morgan mentions that boys should be able to focus without being distracted by a girl’s clothes. I could not agree more with this. I also agree when Morgan says, “.....while male students have next to no restrictions.” I see this all of the time at my school. I have never heard of a boy getting dress coded. Sometimes I understand why girls get dress coded, but other times it was not necessary. I think it is important when Morgan says, “From that day forward, I was constantly worried about what the other people thought of me.” I find myself thinking this sometimes, and I am sure others feel the same way. Overall, this article is very well written, and I strongly agree with all of the arguments made.