Dear College | Teen Ink

Dear College

By Marinaaa BRONZE, Phoenix, Arizona
Marinaaa BRONZE, Phoenix, Arizona

I found Helen’s article “Dear College,” extremely moving because, even though I am currently in high school, I can wholeheartedly understand her struggle with impressing colleges. Once you read Helen’s article, you start to acknowledge the intolerable levels of hardships, to get accepted into college.

Moreover, the author depicts multiple achievements that most colleges look for in an enrolling student. In my high school, I take AP/honor classes just to put on my resume to enroll in the college I want to go to; however, it has brought my unweighted GPA down, which is unfortunate because your GPA is the first thing colleges look at. All my friends have received college letters in the mail, stating that, they want them to enroll to their college, when I have not received one. It is quite inauspicious because I do have self struggle behind the scene of school; colleges very much do not look in that. Although, I try everyday to get to school, go through my classes, go to practice, because I heard you can get scholarships for joining sports, then go home and get all my homework and home chores completed, and finally go to sleep late to wake up in the morning to do it all over again. I still will not give up in succeeding. Helen had a great point in what colleges/universities look for in a scholar.