NFL Conflict | Teen Ink

NFL Conflict

By lukeberger BRONZE, Avon, Colorado
lukeberger BRONZE, Avon, Colorado

Dear NFL,

Lately in the NFL games, players of your league have been sitting, stretching, or kneeling during the National Anthem. Protesting should not be allowed during the National Anthem. The National Anthem is to show what our country stands for. And players not appreciating our country is disrespectful to the people who fought for the flag and the country. If it wasn’t for the veterans who fought for this country there would be no flag to stand up for.
Players should be suspended for protesting during the National Anthem. There are times and other ways to protest but kneeling during the National Anthem is not one. The players don’t think about what they are doing by kneeling in front of the flag. Players think it is right to protest by kneeling. I understand that it is for a good purpose but they should protest in a different way. If they understood that there are people dying to keep that flag standing, they would stand and respect the flag and country. It is very respectful to stand up. It is the right thing to do. NFL needs to take control of the players and say they need to play or else they don’t get their game paycheck. It’s not ok to let them protest during the National Anthem and the NFL needs to get that into the players heads. You don’t see any other sport organization disrespecting the flag like that like the NFL players.
NFL needs to have power and say if you want to play, then stand up. It will only take one paycheck because of how greedy and needy the players are. Nobody should ever disrespect a nation like the NFL players do.

Sincerely,
-------------

I believe the NFL needs to change the way the handle this conflict, hopefully this helps.