Review of “What Not to Wear”

The writing titled “What Not to Wear,” written by Morgan C., talks about girls’ dress codes in schools. It left me feeling really disgusted that most girls are looked at like objects. I strongly agree with everything the selection says because when a girl shows more skin than is appropriate, she is shunned for it. The problem is that the teachers are making the huge fuss and not the students. I personally haven’t seen anyone get dresscoded at my school, but I see it all the time on news channels where a young girl was dress coded for absurd reasons. “They teach girls that it’s their fault if a man can’t control himself or his actions,” the article says, yet society blames women for hormonal issues when a man’s issues are brushed off with the saying, “boys will be boys.” The only thing that most of the dress codes do is that “[i]t teaches boys that it’s okay to degrade and blame women.” This article fully explains why we should reconstruct dress codes and change society’s views on how we dress from now on.