Conceit and Defeat | Teen Ink

Conceit and Defeat

October 26, 2017
By Lukascalhou BRONZE, Defiance, Ohio
Lukascalhou BRONZE, Defiance, Ohio
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

The writing titled “Conceit and Defeat,” written by Ty T., talks about a very talented football player. His writing left me feeling a little let down. I felt let down because at the end of the article he made a bad play, which caused his team to lose and not move on in the state playoffs. I would agree with this article because it has a lot of valid information about the story and helps the readers understand. As I said before, I do understand this article very well because everyone is going to have his or her ups and downs. He had his high moment when Coach McGuire from Washington State offered him a full ride scholarship to play football. His low moment was during the second round of the Texas High School Football Playoffs. Ty didn’t do what he was supposed to do on defense, leaving a man open. The quarterback passed it to him, and he ran all the way for a touchdown. The other team won and moved on to the third round. This article is very relatable to my hometown because we had two players get the chance to continue their football careers in college. This article is written very well. It has many valid and strong arguments.