A Birthday Gift

The writing title “A Birthday Gift,”  written by Amy E., talks about a birthday gift. This article is very sad because kids had to work in factories to support their families even on their special day. Back then factories were not as safe as they are now. During the winter it was Joseph’s birthday, and his friend said, “It’s your birthday and you’re sick, so as a gift, you could let me work for you. I’d make sure we wouldn’t get caught.” I believe Joseph has a very true and awesome friend. I feel as how they did things back then were not fair. The kids should not work. They should have went to school getting an education while the parents work. Joseph coughed up blood and is working. He should be home resting. I find this quote interesting: “The older I get, the closer I get to not being able to work alongside the rest of them.” It is sad no one should ever have to go through that ever. I can not relate to any of this. My parents will not make me work. I choose to work myself when I get the chance.