Feedback on Why I Hid My Lunch

Food. One of the great wonders of Earth, yet some people are so self conscious to show others what they are eating. “Why I Hid My Lunch” by Caroline D. was an article that I absolutely loved.  She tells a story of her as a young child, and discusses one of her fears when she was younger. Caroline was laughed at because of what she ate for lunch, and everyone else thought her lunch was weird. She loved eating a food called rousong, and she would always eat it when she could. However, everyone else eating there had “normal” food like sandwiches, apple slices, or juice. When everyone saw what she was eating, they would laugh at her and even said that her food looked like a “dried-up carpet,” which is a horrible thing to say. Caroline stopped bringing her strange foods to lunch, but her best friends gave her comfort, and eventually, she began eating her lunch at school again. I enjoyed this because, it had a lyrical rhythm and was very poetic. She says,”He was just a child, swinging words like a scythe…”

This story really stood out to me because, I can actually relate to this. I am an asian as well, and I can't disagree, our food can look disgusting to others, but you have to taste it to really judge it. This same thing has happened to me in elementary school, and it has also made me a bit self concious of what i bring to school to eat. There is squid, liver, and many other things that people enjoy to eat. Some people would say “eww, what are you eating?” It hasn’t really bothered me too much, I understood that if i enjoyed eating it, I didn’t have to care what others thought of it. Now, I can understand why others may be scared or embarrassed.

qwertyuiopasdfghjkThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Oct. 18 at 5:20 pm
ur number 1 fan here

HugoIsGod replied...
Nov. 13 at 3:36 pm
Lmao okkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

Oct. 18 at 5:20 pm
wowwwwww loved it