Apparently This is Fascism | Teen Ink

Apparently This is Fascism

In the writing titled This Is Democracy written by Odessa G., I was confused about her writing about The women’s march in Washington D.C. The article frankly left me dumbstruck.

I disagree with this article because it doesn’t seem to have any claims that have any evidence (besides her physical condition during the march). I do not understand much about this article, while it did get its “point” across the quality of the point is questionable. Take for instance the article describing one of the “chants” they used “No Trump! No KKK! No Fascist USA!” (The same type of government as old Nazis, Germany, and current government of North Korea, for those who don’t know.)Does not make any sense at all, Trump is here so get used to it, the KKK plays no part in the government at all, and America never was, isn’t, and never will be Fascist. I do not see this issue in our town thankfully but I fear that someone might eventually start something. In terms of grammar and punctuation the article is well written, however in terms of content the article needs some work to say the least. The argument in this article is strong (as in projected loudly) but not valid. Many statements are not right in this article but the one that drew my attention most was “I wore 50/50 temporary tattoos on my cheeks and fists, and a white rose pin (what the jews wore in Germany when Hitler rose to power)” as if they can relate their situation to one of mass genocide and hate.

What inspired me to write this is my dislike for conflict of any kind, especially when it is not needed.