Body Shaming: The Skinny Stance | Teen Ink

Body Shaming: The Skinny Stance

By keissila91 BRONZE, Oak Bluffs, Massachusetts
keissila91 BRONZE, Oak Bluffs, Massachusetts

“Body Shaming: The Skinny Stance” is a wonderful piece written by Nandini K. in which she talks about all body shaming being wrong. Nandini goes into saying that “body shaming has a detrimental impact on all of its victims, regardless of which end of the spectrum they find themselves.”  The way I interpreted this is that she is defending all people regardless of their shape or size. She goes on saying that fat shaming is not ok, but skinny shaming isn't either.

I have had a lot of experience with body shaming, and I agree with her when she says that it is not ok, and it is very hurtful to those who are insulted on the way their bodies looks. I really like her last sentence when she says “So darling, regardless of whether your round as a pear or thin as a wafer, remember that you are beautiful just the way you are.” This sentence is just wonderful ,and I love the way it was written. She is telling everyone that they are perfect just the way they are and no one's comments should change that. No one should ever makes someone feel like they aren't the right shape or size because there is no right shape or size.