Feedback on | Teen Ink

Feedback on

September 24, 2017
By Jason Ng SILVER, New York City, New York
Jason Ng SILVER, New York City, New York
7 articles 0 photos 0 comments

     The article Body Shaming: The Skinny Stance, is a great read for all those who suffer from the same porblem: being skinny. Authors Nandini Kochar and Garnoron Botswana demonstate the problem perfectly as they explain the struggles of being skinny. It shows how skinny shaming is just as negative as the well-known, "fat shaming."

     Like the author, I too have been labeled as skinny by family and peers. Most people pass it on a joke, but in some cases, it can be quite hurtful.  Some may feel a but down, knowing the fact that they struggle to gain weight in order look as pretty as others in society. But with uplifting messages such as, "I am great because my chest is kinda flat and my butt is kinda small but my dreams are BIG. I am great because I am skinny AND I am beautiful," this is bound to help people of all sizes restore their faith in humanity and be proud of who they are, regardless of sterotypes. So in the end, this is a perfect article for those who need a little help with lifting up their spirits.


The author's comments:

The inspiration to write this piece mainly came from the relatability of this article. I too,am a relatively skinny boy who tries to not let my body hold me back. It's glad to see someone else published in this article with the same mentality as I do.