Writing an Essay an Hour Before It's Due | Teen Ink

Writing an Essay an Hour Before It's Due

September 13, 2017
By Leonzo BRONZE, Phoenix, Arizona
Leonzo BRONZE, Phoenix, Arizona
3 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
"The bigger they are, the harder they fall"-Joe Walcott


I don't perceive that I am solely the only person that can sense a connection to the author Zoe Matthews on her article, "Writing an Essay an Hour Before It's Due" because I can agree that procrastination is a very common action across the nation, and it is a natural human action that occurs throughout all of history. Just as Zoe Matthews has discussed about, historical leaders such as Martin Luther King Jr. and Abraham Lincoln "owe some of their greatness to procrastination." But when the author turns the the discussion around and provides insight on the benefits of procrastination, I can agree wholeheartedly with her argument. I have been in those times where I frantically attempt to complete any project or assignment that is due in five or less hours, and when those events occur, I sense some sort of adrenaline rushing into my head where my great ideas and creativity are initialized at the last second. From that adrenaline rush, I believe that I do acquire "'better decisions, increased creativity, fewer unnecessary tasks, and increased insight.'" Thank you Zoe, for causing me to change my perspective and thoughts on procrastination, and what it can additionally represent.