Headphones In, World Out: A Must Read! This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.

When I saw the title of the article in the magazine, "Headphones In, World Out," I immediately started reading it.  Gabby Z. makes a good statement that we shouldn't be sucked into what we are doing, but get involved socially with the people around you.  Don't get me wrong, I love listening to music.  I have way more than one genre in my ear everyday.  I feel free and relaxed with music, and nothing stresses me out when I'm listening.  It's like I'm in a different world.  But we must remember that even though it's good to let your stress get out, we are still living in this world.  And, yes, it's real.  There are people around us that are just like us, emotionally unstable, stress out, and maybe even longing for social interaction.  If you try talking with them, I bet they’ll be glad to have someone to chat with even though they don’t realize it, or it shows.  Studies show that people who are socially active are more balanced physically, emotionally, and spiritually.  It might be a possible confidence, but I don’t think so.  I know I feel better when I talk.  Maybe it’s from being more confident than others.  But that’s the thing.  Interacting with other humans boost your confidence.  Teens especially need to be more social.  They have so many feelings inside and most never get let out.  Trust me, when you talk to people, especially if it’s a stranger, you become a different person.  So put down those earphones and talk not just to blabber, but really mean it.  Turn on your eyes and really see the world.  I 100% recommend reading “Headphones In, World Out” by Gabby Z. and opening your eyes and possibly your mouth.