Headphones In, World Out This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

When I saw the title “Headphones In, World Out” in Teen Ink’s summer issue, I immediately started reading. Gabby Z. makes a good point that we shouldn’t be sucked into our own closed-off worlds, but get involved socially with people around us.

Don’t get me wrong, I love listening to music; I have it in my ears every day. It helps me feel free and relaxed, like I’m in a different world. But we must remember that we are still living in this world. And, yes, it’s real. There are people around us, and it’s important to interact with them. Studies show that people who are socially active are more balanced physically, emotionally, and spiritually. Directly interacting with others also boosts your confidence. Teens especially need to be more social. We have so many feelings that most of us never let out. 

So, put down those earphones and have a meaningful conversation. Open your eyes and really see the world. I 100 percent recommend reading “Headphones In, World Out.” It will open your eyes and possibly your mouth.

EswzemThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
yesterday at 6:25 pm
@Breezette thanks so much! ;)

BreezetteThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
yesterday at 1:44 pm
This is really good, and I think that alote of teens do have those problems, I know i do. So definitely keep writing!

EswzemThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
yesterday at 6:31 pm
@Breezette thank you so much!

BreezetteThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
today at 11:34 am
No problem!