Carrying the Torch by Nicole T. This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.

Carrying the Torch by Nicole T. was adorable as well as thought-provoking. The author personifies herself and we begin to like her immediately; when she realized that the kids didn’t know the book or weren't interested, I felt worried. But when she connected with the children, I felt that same sense of affection towards them, realizing that they wanted to learn. Her story was motivational and sweet, and I felt like I could really relate to the author. Her dedication to the love of learning was something I’ve always felt.

The sad part of this article was how true it is that the love of learning is easily lost. Sometimes I feel like I’m the only one in our class who really appreciates what we’re doing. And not to be a stereotypical “I’m so different” kid, but I think we really need to reembrace our love of imagination and discovery. These traits shouldn’t be just for little kids. Maybe they can teach us for once.