Writer's Lullaby This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.

Dear Editor,

First and foremost, I would like to commence my letter by putting forth the following question

''What lulls a writer to sleep?"

The writer's profession is truly the most demanding. You give your sweat, toil and blood. You burn your eyes over your laptop. You  take your characters for long walks down the aisles of your mind. Yet, is it ever enough? The writer's profession simply flips over and glares at you, asking you for more. It is also very difficult for writer's to get to bed. It is almost as if they have to first put their characters to sleep before sleeping themselves. Now, what if their characters are large roaring dragons with fire on their snouts? How do you expect to put such a malevolent character to sleep? I believe, that a passionate writer sleeps with the warmth of a good idea. A passionate writer sleeps with the reassurance of typed words and the possibilites of seeing his name in print. They're these hot, moonlit nights where the writer gets out of bed, and sleepwalks through his house. I think this is why people call writers insane.

Yet, when this poor persevering writer gets  rejections on his laptop screen, what is he supposed to do? He will not cry, for he does not want the world to see his tears. His heart will cry, and the tears will glisten upon his forehead as beads of perspiration. More strife, more hard work, more blood, more sweat, more toil.

Yet, it is not enough.

Is it ever enough?

Yours,

Praniti

HereSheIsThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
May 5 at 9:37 pm
Wow, that is, as Kip.lu said, deep, and it's an intriguing and eloquent exploration of what it means to be a writer. I love it

Kip.luThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
May 5 at 2:33 am
Wow that was deep, good job