Feedback on "Assassin's Creed" by Ayinde Roberts | Teen Ink

Feedback on "Assassin's Creed" by Ayinde Roberts

By JCR55 GOLD, Brooklyn, New York
JCR55 GOLD, Brooklyn, New York

I couldn’t stop gawking and nodding in agreement as I read Ayinde Roberts’ review of the recent release Assassin’s Creed. In short, the review focused on the less admirable qualities of the movie that outweighed its’ benefits and let down loyal game fans. The movie review states, “In the end, if you’re a hardcore fan of ‘Assassin’s Creed,’ you’ll be disappointed.” The opinion piece does focus on the good parts of the movie though, such as the short-but -sweet action scenes, which gives it not only an accurate but double-sided movie review.
As I watched Assassin’s Creed, I was not on the edge of my seat engrossed by every moment. Instead, I was confused trying to piece together what the previous scene had to do with the one I was watching, and how either one connected to the plot. When I decided to watch the movie, I was ready for an abundance of assassination and action set in the far past. Instead, I got a loosely- pieced- together movie that was mostly set in the future with the occasional unsatisfyingly short action scene and anticlimactic climax.