Dear Peers This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

“Dear Peers” by Sitav N. is a piece everyone should look to when they’re doubting themselves. This story summarizes my experience in elementary school. Now that I’m older, it gives me comfort to know the same thing happens to other people.

The story to me is a perfect account of what the “nerd” has to go through every day; unlike the author, most people don’t realize that it’s something to be proud of. I love it when Sitav uses questions to make her point – for example, “Did my teachers stop appreciating having me in their classes? Did I lose any inspiration?” Then she answers with three simple words: “Well … I’m waiting.” Pure gold.

Sitav describes how at first she tried to fit in and pretended to be something she was not, and how her classmates rejected her. They knew that she was a beautiful flower in a barren desert, and that flower didn’t fit in. This article shows how many students feel, and the author summed it up so well. I congratulate Sitav for being able to tell her story in a world where few people can express themselves so well on paper.

Erin K. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
thankyou for voting everyone! :]