"If Only..." This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

“If Only …” by “Susan” shows how she and her family struggled. No one’s life is perfect. It is surprising how many people look and act as if they’re happy when they’re not. This piece is a perfect example of that. Susan’s grandma was very strong and had to get through many tough times. She had a son with depression and a granddaughter with anxiety. Then one day she committed suicide.
The title “If Only … ” is very strong. It shows the guilt Susan feels as she wonders if she could have done something to prevent her grandmother’s suicide.
The article reminds me of how my mom has struggled with hard times in her life. She has colon cancer, and at one point wasn’t doing well, so she was down and not herself. But she never gave up. She has been in this battle for four years, and today she’s doing better and is one of the most positive people in my life.