Feedback on Sometimes I Think of Robert Frost | Teen Ink

Feedback on Sometimes I Think of Robert Frost

By WL_138 SILVER, Brooklyn, New York
WL_138 SILVER, Brooklyn, New York

With her poem “Sometimes I Think of Robert Frost,” Hailey P. puzzles over a long-famous work of literature. Of course, at this age, I'm familiar with Robert Frost. I'm well acquainted with “Nothing Gold Can Stay,” and the poem discussed by Hailey, “The Road Less Traveled.” Frost implies that in life, everyone will be forced to make a decision, but it will be at a fork in the road - one choice of two. However, she's right; there are a million paths in life people could choose to travel, and obviously more than two types of people.

Hailey’s poem wondering about Robert Frost’s mysterious meaning brought a new perspective to light. She writes, “I wish to say I'd pick the less traveled - but maybe it's less traveled for a reason.”Take, for example, my current school. Like so many other kids, I hoped to test in there because of its prestigious reputation. It's a point of pride for my parents, and I love this school more than any other junior high simply because I have no idea what another is like. Hailey has incited a deeper insight into “The Road Less Traveled,” which I had never thought to question before.