Feedback on Midnight Kiss | Teen Ink

Feedback on Midnight Kiss

By mack3nzi3_ros3 GOLD, Brooklyn, New York
mack3nzi3_ros3 GOLD, Brooklyn, New York

“Midnight Kiss” by Elliot T. is a fiction piece about how our main character is absolutely smitten with a girl. The main character, who is never named, describes her in intricate detail, without telling us anything about her solid features, the one exception being her eyes. Through our narrator’s love-struck descriptions of how they feel about this girl, the reader gets a sense of calm and awe. Tate’s work of fiction captures just a snapshot of the start of what we assume will be a loving romance between the two characters.

The perfect girl, perfect night, and perfect ending all tie together beautifully- something that is so rarely a reality is achieved in this story. Our narrator doesn’t leave the perfect ending, the midnight kiss, as their final thought. It adds a sense of humor and reminds us that these characters are human, not only she’s, I’s, and her’s made to kiss once. “So, I kissed her. Simple as that. Oh, and I told her to have a happy new year.” These lines not only represent the simplicity of a “perfect” night, but how Elliot was able to express such a short portion of it.