An Open Letter to Climate Change Deniers | Teen Ink

An Open Letter to Climate Change Deniers MAG

February 1, 2017
By JCR55 GOLD, Brooklyn, New York
JCR55 GOLD, Brooklyn, New York
10 articles 0 photos 0 comments

“An Open Letter to Climate Change Deniers” by Jamie Margolin discusses the current issue of climate change, a topic more urgent than ever after the recent presidential election.


I was persuaded by Jamie’s strong arguments about the inevitability of climate change and the mistake deniers are making. While I did not support either candidate for president, the notion that our nation could elect a leader who would do nothing to prevent or even acknowledge the existence of global warming was a terrifying thought. Now that this fear has become a reality, I worry for the fate of the world just as much as the author does. Jamie states, “Soon it will be too late and the damage of climate change will be irreversible.”


Back when America was glad to make efforts to slow climate change, I was still worried about the future and what would happen if enough action was not taken. Then, I would have thought the idea of a president who considers the very imminent issue of climate change to be a hoax laughable. Now, we can only wait in dread and hope that the next president can really pull things together.