Feedback on "The Trouble of a Troublemaker" | Teen Ink

Feedback on "The Trouble of a Troublemaker"

January 19, 2017
By sandygoldshteynn SILVER, Brooklyn, New York
sandygoldshteynn SILVER, Brooklyn, New York
9 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Austin M.’s “The Trouble of a Troublemaker” gave me insight on the people that I never understood. Austin talks about how starting at an early age, he became angry and even violent towards his teachers. He had multiple run-ins with furious principals, made teachers cry, and was suspended more than once. However, after he was sent to juvenile court and put on probation, Mann realized his foolish actions would have much more severe effects on his life if he were to continue them.
 

Before reading this piece, to me, all troublemakers were merely what their name said they were. I didn't think about what had shaped them to be this way or what they were like underneath that part of themselves. I thought that they would never change, never mature, and never become responsible members of society. I saw them as what they were on the surface. But this piece showed me that troublemakers are people who can change, people who can be focused and kind and considerate. Additionally, their prior wrongdoings can be used as a lesson to others who are steering themselves towards a tumultuous, dangerous road. I admire this work for its blunt honesty and important messages. It was poignant  while also giving “troublemakers” hope and much needed guidance.