Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them | Teen Ink

Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them

January 18, 2017
By AJR21 GOLD, New York City, New York
AJR21 GOLD, New York City, New York
11 articles 0 photos 0 comments

The review of "Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them" by Julianne B. caught my eye as I looked through the table of contents on my copy of Teen Ink. I had recently watched the movie on a school trip, and wanted to hear what others thought of it. Although I had already watched "Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them", I found much more that I did not know in Julienne's review.

   

The review was very effective because of the way it included the author's personal experience with the movie as well as its basic plot and cast. Each cast member was described in great depth, and made me look even deeper into the characters than I did when I originally watched the movie. For example, Julienne describes Newt Scamander, the protagonist of the film, by saying "Newt is lovable and dorky. His initial adventure is hilarious, and got the audience laughing." Also, during the review, I learned new things such as the fact that the movie will be part of a five- movie franchise. The review closed up nicely, and convinced me to consider re-watching the movie.