What a Women Is | Teen Ink

What a Women Is

By alexis.-.sierra BRONZE, Defiance, Ohio
alexis.-.sierra BRONZE, Defiance, Ohio

In the writing titled “What is a Women,” written by Lydia Hirsch, I felt unsettled.  Her writing about what a women is left me feeling like something needed to be changed.  In the poem “What is a Women,” Lydia seemed to use all of the right words to describe a women.  “She is Naomi, she is Delilah,” those are Greek god names.  Those names especially caught my attention because some women are worshipped like gods.  I know that all women are beautiful in their own way, but only few are worshipped or treated like royalty.  All women should be treated fairly.  We all make mistake and none of us are perfect.  “She is everything but herself,” Lydia says, which is a very true statement.  Women, today, don’t act like themselves because they feel that they will be rejected.  They wear makeup to feel secure and beautiful.  Women shouldn’t have to hide behind the fake personalities and faces they’ve made up.  All women are unique and beautiful in their own ways, they just need to show their real selves more often.